SNAFU Resolution Training
After our exciting evening Saturday before last, we had several solid days of cleanup left to do... Industrial fans were set up and directed to dry out our most important equipment. Gallons and gallons of isopropanol were used for scrubbing, wiping, and mopping the floors, walls, and crevices. Toothbrushes and canned air were used to clean off circuit boards. Many things were voltmetered and examined with dental mirrors and bright lights. I even went and examined the insides some of our passive air ducts. That was fun. Current status: it appears that our SEM will work, though the computer that controls it has passed into the realm of shadows; two-thirds of our ICP-RIE/PECVD cluster tool (see below) is okay; we've got to replace a bunch of cleanroom ceiling tiles before we can 'seal' the room again, probably we'll have to change our HEPA filters out. We took advantage of the disaster to correct a few problems we've had for a while. We put our vacuum pumps on elevated, wheeled, frames with drip pans below. We're getting some safety equipment we needed to install years ago... All told, things are still broken, but progress is being made.
Posted by Tom at 7:24 PM